Skip to main content

Community

Service Stars

Mission of the Month: Speak Out

January 3, 2024

Join a community of kids who are making the world a better and brighter place. TFK Service Stars know that even the smallest actions can make a big impact. Mission of the Month Have you noticed a problem or a…

Audio

Service Stars

Squash It!

December 7, 2023

This past May, Joy Kochar and 10 other students from P.S. 124 gathered in Columbus Park, in New York City. They set up a table with lemonade, cookies, and origami figures for sale. The kids were hoping to raise money…

Audio
Spanish

Service Stars

Mission of the Month: Promote Wellness

December 7, 2023

Join a community of kids who are making the world a better and brighter place. TFK Service Stars know that even the smallest actions can make a big impact. Mission of the Month We all struggle with health issues sometimes,…

Audio

Service Stars

Kid of the Week: Luke Freishtat

November 30, 2023

What inspired you to hold one? I was born in Haiti. I was starving and malnourished before I was adopted. I don’t want anyone else to be in the position I was in. Kids in Haiti face lack of…

Audio

Culture

From Our Readers

November 9, 2023

We asked our readers to tell us how they’re serving their communities. Here’s what a few of you had to say. Students at Martin Luther King Jr. Elementary, in Wyandanch, New York, are celebrating World Kindness Day on November 13.…

Audio

Service Stars

Lunch Money

November 9, 2023

One day when DeJuan Strickland was in fourth grade, he didn’t have the money for school lunch. “That really kind of stuck with me,” DeJuan, now 15, told TIME for Kids. This year, DeJuan, who goes by DJ, raised money…

Audio
Spanish

Service Stars

Mission of the Month: Raise Money

November 8, 2023

Join a community of kids who are making the world a better and brighter place. TFK Service Stars know that even the smallest actions can make a big impact. Mission of the Month It’s fun to find creative ways to…

Audio

Service Stars

Kid of the Week: Ava Moore

November 2, 2023

Can you tell me about your project? I’m trying to help special-needs kids to feel welcome in our community. My mom and I have been raising money through bake sales. This year, we bought toys and donated them to one…

Audio

Service Stars

Kids Who Help, Heal

October 12, 2023

A recent study says volunteering can be good for your health. Could it offer a way through the youth mental health crisis? Kids and teenagers who volunteer aren’t just helping their community. They might also be helping themselves. That’s…

Audio

Culture

From Our Readers

October 12, 2023

We asked our readers to tell us how they’re spreading kindness in their community. Here’s what a few of you had to say. I helped someone with their work. When I needed help, they helped me. So it was kindness…

Audio