Skip to main content

Community

Service Stars

A Place to Play

February 15, 2024

There’s a new place for kids to play in Kennewick, Washington, called Kason’s Korner. It’s named for Kason Creed. He’s the boy who inspired it. Nine-year-old Kason has cerebral palsy. The condition affects his ability to walk, so he uses…

Audio
Spanish

Service Stars

Mission of the Month: Boost Literacy

February 14, 2024

Join a community of kids who are making the world a better and brighter place. TFK Service Stars know that even the smallest actions can make a big impact. Mission of the Month Reading, writing, and speaking are important skills.…

Audio

Service Stars

Kid of the Week: Diya Bhootra

February 8, 2024

What inspired you to do this? I started thinking about doing this toward the end of 2022, and I started in April 2023. I donated to a food drive and a book drive through the company Second Harvest. I wanted…

Audio

Service Stars

Kid of the Week: Milaan Seeliger

January 18, 2024

You started Tech Angels with your brothers. Tell me about it. We help elders in nursing homes. We give them devices, so they can connect to their loved ones or play games or do anything they want. How did you…

Audio

Service Stars

Kid of the Week: Sedi Awoonor

January 11, 2024

Can you talk about your charity? It started as a family project. My parents would donate used clothing, shoes, and toys to people who were less fortunate. I started my charity when I was 5 or 6 years old. It’s…

Audio

Culture

From Our Readers

January 5, 2024

We love hearing from our readers! Write to us at tfkeditors@time.com. Here’s what some of you are saying. I make stories about a family of potatoes who work together to get through rough times. My friend Leila illustrates them. People…

Audio

Service Stars

Special Delivery

January 4, 2024

Jordyn Perez was about to turn 8 years old when her mom suggested a new way to celebrate her birthday. “What would you think about donating your gifts to a children’s hospital?” her mom said. Jordyn wasn’t sure. She gave…

Audio
Spanish

Service Stars

Mission of the Month: Speak Out

January 3, 2024

Join a community of kids who are making the world a better and brighter place. TFK Service Stars know that even the smallest actions can make a big impact. Mission of the Month Have you noticed a problem or a…

Audio

Service Stars

Squash It!

December 7, 2023

This past May, Joy Kochar and 10 other students from P.S. 124 gathered in Columbus Park, in New York City. They set up a table with lemonade, cookies, and origami figures for sale. They were hoping to raise money for…

Audio
Spanish

Service Stars

Mission of the Month: Promote Wellness

December 7, 2023

Join a community of kids who are making the world a better and brighter place. TFK Service Stars know that even the smallest actions can make a big impact. Mission of the Month We all struggle with health issues sometimes,…

Audio