Starting a garden might seem hard. TFK Kid Reporter Ian McKenna has some tips. They will get you growing in no time.
• Decide what to grow. Grow vegetables. If you don’t like vegetables, try fruits or flowers. There are many plants to try.
• Find a place to plant. Choose a spot that gets good sunlight. You don’t need a yard. Start a garden in containers. You can even grow something in an old rain boot.
• Select the right soil. This is important. Different crops need different soil. An expert at a gardening store can help.
• Choose your plants. Will you use seeds or seedlings? Seedlings are baby plants. It is easier to start a garden with them.
• Get planting! Start small. You will learn as you go. Soon your plants will appear. Next season, try something new!