Skip to main content

Community

Sports

Two Young Athletes

February 11, 2019

Fierce Fighter JESSELYN SILVA (above, left) is 12 years old. She is a boxer. She competes against other kids in a boxing ring. Jesselyn is very hardworking. She practices five days a week. She dreams of winning a gold medal…

Holidays

Time to Celebrate!

December 7, 2018

It’s winter! Do you celebrate a special holiday? Lots of people do. There are many customs and traditions. Take a look. Some people celebrate Christmas. They decorate a Christmas tree. They hang ornaments on its branches. This tradition is about…

Audio
Spanish

Places

How Cities Work

November 23, 2018

Cities are full of people. Cities are where people live, work, and play close together. Some are built high into the air. There’s action at every level. There’s even action below the ground! Let’s explore one kind of city. 1.…

Audio
Spanish

People

Ways to Give

October 12, 2018

Do Your Part You can make the world a brighter place. How? Here are a few ideas. Which have you tried? Which would you like to try? You can volunteer. Clean up litter in a park. Pick up plastic…

Audio
Spanish

People

Famous Firsts

February 1, 2018

March is Women’s History Month. Meet five females who have changed the world. Each was the first to do something big. The Politician Hillary Clinton was the first woman to win a major party’s nomination for U.S. president. The Astronaut…

Audio
Spanish

People

Helpers at School

October 14, 2016

Many people work at a school. All of them have important jobs. They help students. Who are the workers at your school? I am in charge of the school. I help keep you safe. I work with students and teachers.…