Skip to main content

Community

World

Going Up!

May 21, 2020

Many nursing homes all over the world are locked down to protect their residents from COVID-19. But a company in Belgium has found a way to connect these people with their loved ones outside. Usually, Group-f is a cleaning and…

Audio

Places

Camp Concerns

May 12, 2020

About 20 million children in the United States attend summer camp every year, according to the American Camp Association (ACA). They look forward to spending time there with friends. But with social-distancing rules in effect across the U.S., many summer…

Audio

People

Connecting Generations

May 5, 2020

In March, as schools were closing to slow the spread of COVID-19, a new website was launched called Eldera. Eldera was designed to help people make connections even while practicing social distancing. It pairs kids with adults 60 and over…

Audio

People

Appreciating Teachers

May 4, 2020

Even during a global health emergency, teachers continue to educate, encourage, and inspire students. They’re finding new ways to connect with learners, and we’re amazed by their creativity and persistence in spite of the many challenges they face. To kick…

Audio

The View

News from Our Readers: April 2020

April 21, 2020

What are your thoughts, feelings, and opinions about the global coronavirus emergency? We asked our readers to let us know at tfkeditors@time.com, with the permission of a parent, teacher, or guardian. Here, we'll share some responses. Updated April 21 From…

Audio

World

In It Together

April 17, 2020

The coronavirus pandemic is affecting people all over the world. In the face of this global challenge, governments are working to stop the spread of the virus. People are doing their part to support health-care workers and lift spirits. Here,…

Audio
Spanish

People

What Kids Are Saying

April 15, 2020

We asked TIME for Kids readers to tell us what they’re doing, thinking, and feeling during the COVID-19 pandemic. While some kids say they’re sad or worried, many of the messages we receive are filled with hope. Read some of…

Audio

People

Kids Report on COVID-19: Nora in North Carolina

April 10, 2020

We asked our team of TFK Kid Reporters for their perspective on the coronavirus pandemic. Here, TFK Kid Reporter Nora Wilson-Hartgrove, from Durham, North Carolina, shares her thoughts. I live in a hospitality house, where people used to come and…

Audio

People

Kids Report on COVID-19: Jack in Georgia

April 2, 2020

We asked our team of TFK Kid Reporters for their perspective on the coronavirus pandemic. Here, TFK Kid Reporter Jack Doane, from Rex, Georgia, shares his thoughts. The coronavirus has single-handedly shut down everything. For me, that means my school…

Audio

People

Kids Report on COVID-19: Alexis from Ohio

March 30, 2020

We asked our team of TFK Kid Reporters for their perspective on the coronavirus pandemic. Here, TFK Kid Reporter Alexis Bumah, from Dayton, Ohio, shares her experience. There was a rapid change of events in my life starting about three…

Audio